Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where to from here?

Well it's the day after the BIG appointment. The waiting room was lovely and so cosy, I loved the paintings on the wall and the staff were so friendly. There were about 8 of us in the waiting room, some couples and some single women and men. I looked around and thought to myself how sad I felt for all of us. Were they here for the first time, or have they been here before. A part of me felt comfortable in this little room and the other part felt scared...well excuse my french...shit less. 


After an hour wait, it was our turn to be called in. But wait on, this isn't the doctor who I booked to see. I wanted the Professor. We were introduced to this young female doctor, i kept saying to myself but she is so young. I looked at hubby I could tell he was nervous sitting on the edge of the seat, I kind of hovered on the edge of my seat and leaning back occasionally. We were asked some pretty invasive and what I feel were embarrassing questions (all may I add we answered no too). I couldn't help laughing at the question hubby was asked, 'have you ever fathered a baby', I thought I was going to burst out laughing, or turn to him and say...well thanks for letting me know. Of course the answer was NO.


The meeting flew, and I knew I should have written things down. We were given a heap of reading material, and referrals for bloods, seaman analysis and one for a hysterosalpingogram -  to simplify, an internal ultrasound where dye is inserted to check for any blockages. 


Hubby and I were taken into a room to take his bloods, that's when the professor stuck his head through the door and said get this man a lolly pop he looks like he is going to faint. We laughed. He then disappeared for a few minutes and then reappeared, 
Prof: 'so how many years have you been trying'...
Me: 'five' 
Prof: 'well lets get this show on the road hey' 
Me: 'yeehaa'


I think the ice was then broken, prof seems so lovely and a bit quirky.


So onto Friday it is, when I have my blood test. So maybe we will get our Christmas gift after all.......

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that it went well Lou, I was thinking of you in the car tonight on the way home.

    ReplyDelete