Friday, September 24, 2010

OUTCH!!!!

Outch...Outch...Outch...OUTCH!! That is the only polite way I can explain the procedure which I had at 11.30 Thursday morning.


It all started with the Imaging center ringing to move my appointment till 11.30am, which was fine because I had a last night gossiping with friends and since I didn't get home till 2am I could have a nice long sleep in. Come 10 am I think I jumped out of bed, showered, drank my 2 glasses of water as indicated by the doctor, got changed then headed off to the hospital.


I told hubby there was no need to come because it would only take and hour or so, and there is no point him taking the day off...wish I kept my mouth shut. It took me 24 minutes to get to the hospital by the time I parked the car, waited for the lift...STOP...yes the lift bloody stopped on the way up to the imaging center. By this time I thought I was going to wet myself. After a short wait and me anxiously pressing the emergency button, the lift started again...phew. But I did a boo boo.... on my way running up the corridor I made a v-line to the toilet and emptied my bladder....WHOOPS.


The wait in the waiting room was short, as I entered the room it was so dark, not much light, this reclining chair in the middle with a big plasma tv in the corner and the ultrasound machine on my right as I laid down. The lady was lovely, she asked me to lie down as she was going to perform the first ultrasound on the outside of my stomach. She talked me through what I could see on the plasma....and she had a giggle when she showed me the 1ml of urine I had in my bowl...whoops.


Next up was the internal ultrasound, and another doctor came in the room to watch. I didn't mind it, a little uncomfortable but ok. Always interesting to see your bits on the big screen :)


Last up.... the Hycosy with contrast, and yes another doctor came in the room to perform the procedure...great  now there were 3... I remember thinking well my dignity has gone now. The doctor explained the procedure and how I would get minor cramping when the saline and then dye is inserted up a catheter like wire with a balloon on the end. The spectrum went up and in, followed by the wire. In goes the internal ultrasound probe again and the procedure began. The pain was ok at this stage. When the wire was being passed through it felt wrong, and foreign. 


Next he dye and saline was inserted OMG...this was the worst, it was explained to me as period pain but sorry, to me this was like someone squeezing my fallopian tubes and ovaries. This part took the longest, as my fallopian tubes were not being cooperative. I think she flushed the right tubes and ovaries 4 times and the left 5. The pain was hard to internalise like I usually do as I had nothing to grad onto, so I just let out a moan. 


After 40 minutes the worst was over, everything was taken out...all done. As I sat up I felt a gush of fluid between my legs, I forgot to use the pad they gave me. 


I have had a sneak peak at the report and all says everything is OK. So onto Bali tomorrow and then in 10 days fro now when we arrive back we have our next appointment with Professor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment